Monday 23 July 2012

Telly Tubby House... in East Grinstead

Telly Tubby House?
I know that's not what it's really called, but it looks a bit like the grass-covered house where the Telly Tubbies live to me. I'm not even sure if it has name yet, but it's located on the Lewes Road in Ashurst Wood,  very near Wealden House.












This very modern "upside-down" house actually consists of two 4-bedroom dwellings and has the feel of an ultra modern James Bond-style penthouse suite. It's very cool and is not the sort of thing you see every day in East Grinstead, or anywhere else for that matter. Yes, its lawn is on its roof!


Each dwelling is on the market for £650,000 and all the blurb about it from Connells is here. No details about the architect who designed it which surprises me. This place is pretty special and I think he/she deserves a mention.

No comments: