Saturday 23 April 2011

Gotta Dance was such a hit!

Seconds before 'curtain up'

I went to see Rosche School's "Gotta Dance" at The Hawth in Crawley the other day. It was brilliant! I was so impressed with the level of professionalism from these young (in some cases, very young) dancers!

Thirty numbers, each one perfectly executed with style and feeling, and I didn't witness a single mistake, not even a moment of doubt on the faces of any one of the dancers throughout the entire show! They were so well rehearsed, it was as if they had been doing it their whole lives (which, admittedly, in some cases. isn't a very long time!).

The entire cast was excellent - really! But someone who stood out for me was Lucy Renouf who I see happens to be featured in this week's East Grinstead Courier and Observer (good timing!) for being chosen to teach with the Royal Ballet School in Morocco.

Lucy Renouf 'backstage' after the show

She was so graceful on stage; she shows so much promise. I can see her name in lights in the not-too-distant future.

Respect!

No comments: