Wednesday 18 June 2014

2 Days of Solid Rock! Download Festival & Golden Gods Awards 2014

Alter Bridge after their amazing performance at Download (photo credit: PG Brunelli)
I went to Download Festival 2014 and saw Alter Bridge and Aerosmith - what a show! And hung out with Alter Bridge and Steel Panther backstage. The friends I took with me shouted "I love you" to Steve Tyler as he drove right past us in his chauffeur-driven car, seconds after coming off stage and he replied "Love you more!" What a mind-blowing day! Here are my photos: http://ow.ly/ycep6 

The O2 in London
Then, the following day, I went to Metal Hammer's Golden Gods Awards Show at the O2 where I met Dave Prowse who played Darth Vader in Star Wars and Paul Geary, original drummer of Extreme. The show was hosted by Steel Panther who were outrageous and hilarious (obviously), and the bands I saw perform included Black Stone Cherry, Beowülf and Dillinger Escape Plan, and the rock legends who received or presented awards included Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Myles Kennedy & Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge, Michael Munroe and Michael Shenker. It was an unforgettable night! Here are my photos: https://it.thislife.com/Ts9GaQ1t

My Golden Gods 2014 wristband

No comments: