This musical is SO good, I could watch it every day!
This time (the matinee performance of Saturday 11th Aug), I was accompanied by the delightful American Anglophile and devout Python fan, Mariah June, and her Nikon.
I know Spamalot so well now, it was interesting for me to see the minor tweaks they have made to the script - that's in addition to the part that's different every night; where the Knights of Ni! change their name to something that usually begins with "Ecky Ecky Phertang....." (as in the Holy Grail) but then includes a reference to something topical as well as a song (in our case, the Olympics and for some unknown reason, Michael Jackson's "Give Me the Moonlight"). That's the part where The Knight of Ni! and King Arthur purposely try to corpse each other by surprise.
After the show, we said hello to the cast (we had to!) and I took pics of them with Mariah using her Nikon.
|Todd Carty, Kit Orton and Robin Armstrong|
Spamalot is on in London at the Harold Pinter Theatre until Sunday 9th September. I order you to go and see it!
Believe it or not, I'm going to see it yet again very soon and will blog about it, obviously.
I glibly claim I've seen it 10 times... well here's proof:
- 1st - 25 Jan 07: SPAMALOT - I laughed SO much I had to go and change my armour!
- 2nd - 24 Mat 07: SPAMALOT - we loved it SO much, we went to see it again!
- 3rd - 18 Apr 07: Monty Python's Spamalot - our third time!
- 3rd1/2 - 24 Apr 07: SPAMALOT - World's Largest Coconut Orchestra
- 4th - 12 Feb 08: Nina Söderquist becomes a West End Star
- 5th - 05 Apr 08: Spamalot London Exclusive: Diva's Lament Lyrics Change Again!
- 6th - 04 Jan 09: Spamalot London Closes - it's the end of an era
- 7th - 25 Sep 10: Woking, Surrey with Joey Collewijn and Barbara Lanik
- 8th - 02 Apr 11: I've seen Spamalot 8 times now! Aylesbury, 1 April 2011
- 9th - 27 Dec 11: Spamalot - my 9th time!
Spamalot's in the news again! See:
And now for someone completely different! Impressionist Jon Culshaw on why he is looking on the bright side of life in Monty Python's Spamalot